Tuesday, December 07, 2004

on the hook

You were singing
Your songs of passion: no longer i.
Gazing at the dark
Streets, dressed
With dust and asphalt
Unaware
That I was watching you
From faraway.
I have loved you from the beginning
Like the day the
Sun molded the beautiful
People of our Malayan race.

Still I am gazing at you
Until I caught you
Like a fish
Drawn by the tempting
Juice of the worm
On the hook. You come closer,
Closer. Beside me you
Sat, you ate me up,
Instantly no questions asked
No marinating, no preparation
You ate me up
With such hunger
Savagely consuming me.

And now I am churned
Inside your stomach
Your big intestine
Your small intestine
Marring me
I am destroyed, tattered
Oh why my love
How can you break me twice,
Twice and
Counting….

12/7/4
7:07pm (A few minutes before I saw you singing you songs of passion down the dark dusty outskirts of Katipunan.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home